Careers – Global Sales Engineer
Global Field Sales Engineer
Data Acquisition Systems, Sensors, Test & Measurement, Noise & Vibration
Automotive, Aerospace, Industrial, Defence, Manufacturing, Engineering
We seek a Global Field Sales Engineer for the Prosig & DJB brands within the Condition Monitoring Group (CMG). The successful candidate will maintain and grow sales of the brands outside of the UK through our distributor and partner network. This role is ideal for someone with an engineering sales background who is passionate about building relationships with overseas partners, expanding our client base, finding new business and contributing to the continued growth and expansion of the group.
You will be a member of a supportive, hard-working team within a sales-orientated engineering organisation. CMG provides hardware, sensors and software products for noise & vibration measurement and condition monitoring solutions for the Automotive, Aerospace, Power Generation, Advanced Manufacturing, Industrial, and Defence sectors. Prosig specialises in noise & vibration measurement, and DJB Instruments manufacture vibration measurement sensors. The role would be office based at Prosig’s Fareham office, DJB’s Mildenhall facility, working from home or a combination of these locations. There will be regular travel to engage with our partners overseas.
The role encompasses
- selling directly to overseas clients and assisting distribution channels selling in their territories
- developing new clients, markets & territories
- reporting to the Sales & Marketing Manager all sales & marketing related activities in the different territories
- forecasting, planning & developing strategy for sales and marketing
Prosig & CMG solutions are high value and technically complex. The role requires a good understanding of mechanical engineering concepts to recommend the correct solution to the end-user.
The role is based around a 40-hour week with 23 days annual holiday (plus public holidays). Prosig offers a competitive remuneration package including a bonus scheme and a flexible, friendly working environment. The company is committed to training and improvement, and promotion from within is encouraged. We are a small but growing organisation within a growing group of like-minded companies where effort, innovation and teamwork are recognised. The group has an ambitious growth target, and the suitable candidate has an opportunity to make a difference and be part of that growth. The role provides opportunities for progression within Prosig, DJB and the wider CMG group.
- Experience in a sales role, e.g. sales management, pre-sales or post-sales technical support, technical account management, business development, or related role
- Knowledge of test & measurement, instrumentation, sensors and data analysis, especially in the field of acoustics or vibration testing
- Ability to work confidently across all levels from engineer to board level
- Excellent customer-facing skills, specifically building new relationships and maintaining existing ones.
- Good communication and presentation skills including face to face, telephone, video conferencing etc
- Good commercial awareness with the ability to qualify and prioritise opportunities
- Solid knowledge of mechanical engineering and a passion for solving engineering problems
- Good IT skills
- Full UK driving licence
- Experience running overseas reseller networks would be beneficial
- Experience in R&D in the automotive, aerospace or other advanced engineering industries
- Exposure to alternative noise and vibration measuring systems (e.g. HBK, Siemens PLM, Dewesoft, Head Acoustics etc.) is an advantage.
The successful candidate will be qualified to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline and ideally have five years or more of application/sales experience, preferably in an engineering/scientific environment. Experience in working with instrumentation, sensors, data acquisition systems, signal processing and data analysis would be highly advantageous, though not essential as “on the job” training will be provided. We’re looking for a team player who is willing to commit to the group’s ambitious goals.
The ideal candidate would
- Be enthusiastic, confident, self-motivated, flexible and determined to succeed
- Have the self-discipline and initiative to maintain motivation while working remotely
- Have a proven track record of working within in a multi-discipline team
- Possess a strong understanding of engineering and engineering concepts
- Be responsible and accountable for actions, with attention to detail at all times
- Be honest and realistic in reporting quality, cost and schedule
- Have a desire to enhance professional skills and recognise the importance of continued professional development (CPD)
- Be well organised with the ability to prioritise, multi-task and work with minimal supervision and direction
- Be highly motivated towards providing complete client satisfaction
- Be flexible in working patterns with a willingness to support necessary business travel as required