The Job – PROTOR Project Engineer
An opportunity exists for a Project Engineer to support and develop hardware and software systems relating to Prosig’s PROTOR vibration condition monitoring products and technologies for use in industrial applications. There is a requirement to support, develop and maintain an existing product range with the opportunity to become involved in the development of new products. Engineering activities may include: software/hardware/systems setup and configuration; project management; verification, validation and testing of both hardware and software; data analysis; equipment field trials; installation and commissioning; customer support/liaison.
The role will involve working as a member of a multi-disciplinary product development and support team, ensuring that project activities are co-ordinated efficiently and effectively throughout the entire project life cycle.
The successful candidate will be qualified to HND/Degree level in a relevant Engineering discipline and have a minimum of between 2 and 5 years industrial experience in an engineering environment. Experience of working with data acquisition systems, signal processing and data analysis would be advantageous, though not essential as ‘on the job’ training will be provided. The ideal candidate would
- Be enthusiastic, confident, self-motivated, flexible and determined to succeed.
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Have the ability to work independently using initiative & innovation to solve technical problems.
- Possess a strong understanding of mathematics and engineering concepts.
- Have computing experience and strong IT skills.
- Preferably have software coding experience.
- Have some knowledge of different OS environments (e.g. Windows, Unix, Linux)
- Have a basic understanding of electronic circuits and components.
- Possess strong project & time management skills.
- Be responsible and accountable for actions, with attention to detail at all times.
- Be honest and realistic in reporting project quality, cost and schedule.
- Have a desire to enhance professional skills and recognise the importance of continued professional development.
- Be well organised with the ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision and direction.
- Be highly motivated towards providing complete customer satisfaction.
- Be flexible in working patterns with a willingness to support occasional business travel.
Please email CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please.
Prosig was founded in 1977 by members of the Institute of Sound & Vibration Research at Southampton University. The company’s goal was to provide customers with the best available hardware and software for noise and vibration measurement. The P8000 hardware and DATS software is used for mobile and laboratory noise & vibration measurement tasks and the PROTOR vibration condition monitoring provides long term condition monitoring for power stations and other large plant.
Our systems are designed using knowledge gained over 40 years of solving sound and vibration problems for the likes of NASA, Dow, RWE, Ford, Jaguar Land Rover, British Aerospace, GM, Siemens, EDF, Sharp, BMW and Airbus as well as F1 teams, air forces, power generators, universities and military organisations around the world.
In 2014 Prosig became part of Condition Monitoring Group (CMG) Limited. Together, Prosig & CMG have numerous product and technology synergies, which provide significant additional opportunities in terms of future product diversification.
Prosig needed tools with a high degree of precision and integrity to measure and analyse sound and vibration. Nothing we found was good enough; so we made our own.