Sales & Marketing Manager
- Permanent. Full time.
- Data Acquisition Systems, Test & Measurement, Noise & Vibration Measurement
- Automotive, Aerospace, Industrial, Manufacturing, Engineering
We are seeking a Sales & Marketing Manager who will maintain and grow our solid client base in the UK and overseas. This role is ideal for someone who is passionate about building relationships with clients, expanding our client base, finding new business and contributing to the continued growth and expansion of the company.
You will be joining as a senior member of a hard-working team within an engineering organisation that provides hardware and software products for noise & vibration measurement and condition monitoring solutions for the Automotive, Power Generation, Advanced Manufacturing, Industrial, Defence and Aerospace sectors. There will be regular opportunities to travel both within the UK and abroad.
The role encompasses
- selling directly to UK & overseas clients and assisting distribution channels selling in their territories
- developing new clients, markets & territories
- reporting to the General Manager, Senior Management Team and board on all sales & marketing related activities
- forecasting, planning & developing strategy for sales and marketing
Prosig’s solutions are high value and technically complex. The role requires a good understanding of customers’ needs to recommend or engineer the correct Prosig solution.
The role is based around a 40-hour week with 23 days annual holiday (plus public holidays). Prosig offer a competitive remuneration package including a bonus scheme and a flexible, friendly working environment. A car allowance will also be included. The company is committed to training and improvement and promotion from within is encouraged. We are a small, but growing organisation where effort, innovation and engagement are recognised. Prosig have an ambitious 5-year growth target and the suitable candidate will have an opportunity to make a difference and to be part of that growth.
- Ability to work confidently across all levels from engineer to board level
- Excellent customer-facing skills, specifically relationship building and maintenance
- Good communication and presentation skills including face to face, telephone, video conferencing etc
- Good commercial awareness with the ability to qualify and prioritise opportunities
- Solid knowledge of mechanical engineering and a passion for solving engineering problems
- Knowledge of noise & vibration measurement, instrumentation, sensors and data analysis
- Good IT skills
- Full, clean UK driving licence
- Five years or more of experience as a sales engineer, in pre-sales, post-sales technical support, technical account management, business development, or similarly related role
- Experience of R&D in the automotive industry (NVH, refinement, vehicle dynamics etc)
- Exposure to alternative noise and vibration measuring systems (e.g. B&K, Siemens PLM, Dewesoft, HBM etc) is an advantage.
The successful candidate will be qualified to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline and ideally have 5 years or more of application/sales experience, preferably in an engineering/scientific environment. Experience of working with test equipment, data acquisition systems, signal processing and data analysis would be highly advantageous, though not essential as ‘on the job’ training will be provided. We’re looking for a team player who is committed to the company’s ambitious goals.
The ideal candidate would
- Be enthusiastic, confident, self-motivated, flexible and determined to succeed
- The self-discipline and initiative to maintain motivation while working remotely
- Have a proven track record of working within in a multi-discipline team
- Possess a strong understanding of engineering and engineering concepts
- Be responsible and accountable for actions, with attention to detail at all times
- Be honest and realistic in reporting quality, cost and schedule
- Have a desire to enhance professional skills and recognise the importance of continued professional development (CPD)
- Be well organised with the ability to prioritise, multi-task and work with minimal supervision and direction
- Be highly motivated towards providing complete client satisfaction
- Be flexible in working patterns with a willingness to support necessary business travel throughout the UK and Ireland as required
Please email CV and covering letter (including salary expectation) to email@example.com
Strictly no agencies please.