Field Sales Engineer
Permanent. Full time. Remote working.
We are seeking a Field Sales Engineer to maintain and grow our UK/Ireland customer base. This role is ideal for someone who has is passionate about engineering and enthusiastic to build relationships with customers & partners, help create innovative & effective solutions and contribute to the continued growth and expansion of the company. Prosig’s solutions are high value and technically complex. The role requires a good understanding of customers’ needs in order to recommend and demonstrate the correct Prosig solution.
We envisage the successful engineer will be based remote from our Fareham HQ in order to service our customers, many of whom are located in and around the Midlands.
You will be joining a hard-working team within an engineering organisation that provides hardware and software products for noise & vibration measurement and condition monitoring solutions for the Automotive, Power Generation, Advanced Manufacturing, Industrial, Defence and Aerospace sectors. There will be regular opportunities to travel both within the UK and abroad.
Working as a member of the sales team at Prosig you will be interfacing with customers and partners to understand their requirements and working with the internal Engineering team to turn those requirements into solutions. The Field Sales Engineer will also contribute to sales and marketing material including application notes, videos, datasheets and PR material.
The role is based around a 40-hour week with 23 days annual holiday (plus public holidays). Salary and sales based commission is competitive and negotiable based on experience. A car allowance will also be included.
- Solid knowledge of mechanical engineering and a passion for solving engineering problems
- Knowledge of noise & vibration measurement, instrumentation, sensors and data analysis
- Ability to work confidently across all levels from engineer to board level
- Excellent customer-facing skills, specifically relationship building and maintenance
- Good communication and presentation skills including face to face, telephone, video conferencing etc
- Good commercial awareness with the ability to qualify and prioritise opportunities
- Good IT skills
- Full, clean UK driving licence
- Three years or more of experience in a mechanical engineering environment
- Experience of R&D in the automotive industry (NVH, refinement, vehicle dynamics etc)
- Exposure to alternative noise and vibration measuring systems (e.g. B&K, Siemens PLM, Dewesoft, HBM etc) is an advantage.
The successful candidate will be qualified to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline and ideally have 3 years or more of applications experience, preferably in an mechanical engineering environment. Experience of working with test equipment, data acquisition systems, signal processing and data analysis would be highly advantageous, though not essential as ‘on the job’ training will be provided. We’re looking for a team player who is committed to the company’s ambitious goals.
The ideal candidate would
- Be enthusiastic, confident, self-motivated, flexible and determined to succeed
- The self-discipline and initiative to maintain motivation while working remotely
- Have a proven track record of working within in a multi-discipline team
- Possess a strong understanding of engineering and engineering concepts
- Be responsible and accountable for actions, with attention to detail at all times
- Be honest and realistic in reporting quality, cost and schedule
- Have a desire to enhance professional skills and recognise the importance of continued professional development (CPD)
- Be well organised with the ability to prioritise, multi-task and work with minimal supervision and direction
- Be highly motivated towards providing complete client satisfaction
- Be flexible in working patterns with a willingness to support necessary business travel throughout the UK and Ireland as required
Please email CV and covering letter (including salary expectation) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strictly no agencies please.