Permanent. Full time.
We are seeking a Sales Engineer who will help us maintain and grow our solid client base primarily in the UK, but also overseas. This role is ideal for someone who is passionate about building relationships with clients, expanding our client base and contributing to the continued growth and expansion of the company.
You will be joining a hard-working team within an engineering organisation that provides products for noise & vibration measurement and condition monitoring solutions for the Automotive, Manufacturing, Industrial, Defence and Aerospace sectors. There will be regular opportunities to travel both within the UK and overseas.
Prosig’s solutions are high value and technically complex. The role requires a good understanding of customers’ needs in order to recommend or engineer the correct Prosig solution.
Prosig offer a competitive remuneration package including a staff bonus scheme and a flexible, friendly working environment. The company and group is committed to training and improvement of the staff and promotion from within is encouraged. We are a small, but growing organisation where effort, innovation and engagement are recognised. Prosig have an ambitious 5-year growth target and the suitable candidate will have an opportunity to make a difference and to be part of that growth.
- Excellent customer-facing skills, specifically relationship building and maintenance
- Ability to work confidently across all levels from engineer to board level
- Good communication and presentation skills including face to face, telephone, video conferencing etc
- Good commercial awareness with the ability to qualify and prioritise enquiries
- Solid knowledge of mechanical engineering and associated applications
- 5 years or more of experience as a sales engineer, in pre-sales, post-sales technical support, technical account management, or similarly related role
- A software engineering and electronic engineering background is an advantage. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge or experience of both disciplines.
The successful candidate will be qualified to Degree level in a relevant engineering discipline and should have 5 years application/sales experience, preferably in an engineering/scientific environment. Experience of working with test equipment, data acquisition systems, signal processing and data analysis would be highly advantageous, though not essential as ‘on the job’ training will be provided. We’re looking for a team player who is committed to the company’s ambitious goals.
The ideal candidate would
- Be enthusiastic, confident, self-motivated, flexible and determined to succeed
- Possess a strong understanding of engineering and engineering concepts
- Be responsible and accountable for actions, with attention to detail at all times
- Be honest and realistic in reporting quality, cost and schedule
- Have a desire to enhance professional skills and recognise the importance of continued professional development (CPD)
- Be well organised with the ability to prioritise, multi-task and work with minimal supervision and direction
- Be highly motivated towards providing complete client satisfaction
- Be flexible in working patterns with a willingness to support necessary business travel
Please email CV and covering letter (including salary expectation) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strictly no agencies please.