“Accelerometers through to data capture and analysis…The complete solution.”
A new training opportunity hosted by DJB and Prosig on 4th October at College Court, Leicester.
The previous event was so popular that, two of the UK’s leading manufacturers of test and measurement equipment have once again combined their training activities to offer a complete overview from sensors to data acquisition and analysis. Seamlessly covering the topics to ensure you can maximise data quality and improve analysis.
DJB will start the day at 10am covering all aspects of accelerometers. Lunch and refreshments will be served at around 12.30pm with Prosig then completing the day concentrating on data capture and analysis.
DJB – Acceleromters: Approx. 2 – 2½ hours
- Principles of operation – Piezoelectric effect, materials used
- Accelerometer types and correct selection – Construction, charge output, IEPE, temperature effects, mass loading, sensitivity, common problems, pros and cons.
- Importance of correct cable use – low noise or non-low noise, what happens if you get it wrong, signal loss, tribo-electric noise, cable fixing & connectors.
- Mounting methods and which to use – stud, wax, adhesive, magnets, tape, which and why, isolation, ground loops.
- Associated instrumentation – Charge amplifiers. IEPE voltage conditioning, data acquisition.
Prosig – Capture & Analysis: Approx. 2 – 2½ hours
- What are the four fundamental questions of vibration measurement and analysis?
- Sampling Analogue Signals – How fast should we sample? What is frequency? How do we quantify if the data has been sampled adequately? What is aliasing?
- Time Domain Analysis – Signal classification, statistical description, moments & standardised moments.
- Frequency Domain Analysis – What’s Fourier got to do with it? And Buzz Lightyear? Frequency aliasing and digital filtering.
- Angle Domain Analysis – Signal averaging, cyclic signals, DFT/FFT of angle/revolution data.
ACCELEROMETERS THROUGH TO DATA CAPTURE AND ANALYSIS
THE COMPLETE SOLUTION
at College Court Conference Centre, Knighton Road, Leicester
on October 4th 2017
Accelerometers – Operation, cabling, mounting & Instrumentation
Data Capture & Analysis – Sampling, time domain, aliasing, frequency domain, statistics, angle domain
Full Course Notes, Lunch & Refreshments
The October 4th course is being held at the award winning College Court located just minutes from Leicester’s vibrant city centre with easy access from the M1 and M69, East Midlands Airport, Birmingham Airport and only 5 minutes from Leicester Train Station
How to get there:
College Court is conveniently located within easy reach of the M1 and M69 motorways. For Sat Navs please use postcode LE2 3TQ. College Court offers ample complimentary car parking spaces.
College Court is only 1.4 miles from Leicester Train station, where guests can travel only 70 minutes from central London.
East Midlands Airport is also located less than 30 minutes away and Birmingham International Airport only 45 minutes.